Sunday, September 18, 2016

GOLFING WITH PROS

The Aberdeen Asset Management organisation invited me to play with touring pros when the pros were in Kuala Lumpur to play in the golf event in Malaysia. My first experience was playing with Pro Paul Lawrie a Scottish European tour player. Only 18 golfers were invited and Paul would play 3 holes with each flight. We played at the prestigious KLGCC East Course, where the ladies played their LPGA event. He gave us some golf lessons before we tee off. 

He joined us at the 10th tee and we played par 4, par 4 and par 5 and he scored par, par, birdie and I scored bogey, bogey and par, that made us even because he gave strokes on each holes. At the 12th hole a Par 5 484 meters, he reached the the green apron with his second shot, he was at the green when I hit my 4th shot to two feet from the hole from 60 meters and he asked you are 3 there, I said 4 there, he was relieved because he made birdie...and he thought I would made birdie too...After the 18 holes game I was declared the champion scoring 40 stable-ford points playing 20 hcp, beating their staff who came from Hong Kong and Singapore. I got a RM300 voucher, a raincoat, two dozens Titleist golf balls a few other things. The second place was a European guy who got 33 points playing hcp 16. 



The second outing organised by Aberdeen Asset Management was when their touring ladies pro Catriona Matthew came to town to play the LPGA event. This time Aberdeen chose Saujana Golf Club to be the venue. Ms Catriona Matthew played 3 holes with my flight and on the Par 3 I got a birdie and she got only par.  It was a par 3 145 yard and I used a 7 iron to 8 feet from the flag, she said the line and ball flight was perfect to get that close to the hole she jokingly said I should revise my hcp. After the 18 holes game I was champion again with 36 points. They gave me some vouchers and a few other gifts.



No comments:

Post a Comment