Saturday, May 12, 2012

JAKARTA GOLF ADVENTURE

4D3N JAKARTA GOLF

 

The event was scheduled way back in February 2012 to allow working members to apply for their annual leave and that includes me who at 58 is still working and plays golf off a handicap of USGA 17.8 which means 20 from the Blue Tee and 19 from the White Tee. For this outing I declared 18 because we are going to play on beautiful courses and scores could be lower. Taking the Garuda Airlines under the Liberty Golf Package cost us RM 530 return which is a good deal as there are no charges for Golf Bag unlike the so-called low fares airlines who charges RM75 one way for sports equipment for over-the counter check-in and RM 50 for  online payment my friend that's RM 150 both ways and you have to pay for your meals on board. 

I left the house at 4.30 am to my son's place and left the car there and he sent me to airport, thank you for willingness to sacrifice your sleep for me. The first person I met at the airport was Ghazali with his wife and two sons and later Norazmi. The rest of the golfers were strangers to me. The golfers met at Gate A for a group check and off we went for the Subuh prayers at the Airport Surau near the International departure gate.

The flight was on time and everybody was excited and some tried their skill at speaking Indonesian, some really can speak like Indonesian....we can assumed that they are regular Indonesian travelers. Upon arriving at Jakarta airport we were met and greet by the tour agent representatives and were ushered to the air-conditioned bus for the trip to Permata Sentul Golf & country Club about 1 1/2 hours drive from the airport.

There rest of the stories and photos will be posted ASAP!!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment