Sunday, March 11, 2012

BUKIT BANANG GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB, BATU PAHAT


Buggy on fairway



 Mr Mokhtar at the Par 3

,


Located at Bandar Banang Jaya, Batu Pahat, this 18 hole golf course is in great shape especially the greens. Played there on 1 March 2012 after a heavy rain, the three of us  managed to complete 9 hole at Valley Nine. Fairways are turfed with Bermuda Greenless Park and fairways with Tifdwarf made playing experience a lasting satisfaction. 

  
Mr Quek hit his 7 iron to 8 feet to the pin. I hit my 5 wood to 25 feet, he made birdie and I made Par.

There are 3 holes that stood out on this nine, a Par 5 second hole that has a large pond to carry on your second shot and a Par 3 215 meter on 8th hole, I made bogey on both holes but scored 2 pars on this nine. The other hole is the last hole 9 that is dogleg left where the green is guarded by large green-side bunkers. From the blue Tee the tee-shot has to carry 200 meter to see the green, I played from the White Tee and landed my second shot in the bunker.

My golfing buddies were Mokhtar (Hcp 24) and Kuek (Hcp 12). Tomorrow I am off to Johor Bahru for the last leg of my meetings with Peninsular Malaysia timber-based industry. We will be staying at Zon Regency Hotel at the Duty Free Complex.
Mr Quek flew the green with 3 wood, My tee shot with a driver landed just before the bunker and we all made bogey.

No comments:

Post a Comment