Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Golf Swing..a never ending story!








I have played golf without any proper coaching, in the early days when golf magazines and free internet instructions were rare..I just self taught myself into swinging the club. Those days were gone and I played golf to kill those leisure times available to only bachelors..

Then I started to read golf instruction from golf magazines, acquired knowledge from free internet lessons and getting tips from fellow golfers and absorbing all the tips from the self-proclaimed golf gurus at the driving range! But all those information got lost in between holes...every weekend the swing changed. How can I make a good swing if I have to remember all the tips like keep the head steady, slow takeaway, don't forget the wrist cock, check the club at parallel,maintain the L shape, complete the back swing..and now the down swing, initiate with the lower body, shift left for weight transfer and rotate the hip, do the reverse C, release at impact, follow through and finish high..aaahh, that was picture perfect and I duffed the shot!

It seemed like golf swing is very complicated because golf instructors never stop discussing about it for the last 25 to 30 years. We don't find such discussion in badminton, table tennis, tennis, baseball etc. maybe there were no wrist cock required hehehe!

Here are some photos of my friends golf swing..all without proper coaching, they enjoyed their golf game just as much, happy golfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment