Saturday, May 28, 2011

NEW MEMBERS OLD COURSE






My golfers group came back to Kundang Lakes with some new faces including Rozaly and his friend and we started amongst the early birds because many of us have to rush back early to attend to their kids at tuition center and some weddings invitation as well. Nevertheless the game was well, played in group of Mansor (University Malaya) and Munir and Khairuddin of Malaysian Timber Board. The other group comprised Rozaly and his friend of CIMB group, Zahari from Timber Board and Nor Zainal of Exxon Mobil.

Munir and Khairuddin played their usual stuff with long accurate drive and short approach to the greens, Kundang greens are not that good and below standard so to speak and birdie putts were often missed short and long but par is achiveable on most hole. Mansor was quite inconsistent and me with usual stuff managed par golf to my handicap of 19. I think Munir could play 12 at his best now although he was a single handicapper when he was younger and Khairuddin could improve if his short game is consistent probably to 14 hcp.

I realised my tee-off now is getting shorter eventhough there were always on the fairway and have to used my 4 wood for the second shot in order to be anywhere near the green. Around the green my short game and putting helped a lot to keep the score reasonably low to keep up with my younger flight mates

Having 4 sets at home doesn't help anymore because each course played almost to the saame difficulty. I have played 5 courses during the last two months with diferent set, Bukit Unggul with Cleveland, PTGC with Honma, Tasik Puteri with PRGR, Kundang Lakes with Ena and Port Dickson Golf CC and Awana Kijal with mixed bags. Scored 85 at Tasik Puteri, 88 at Bukit Unggul, 92 at Perangsang Templer and 91 both at Kundang Lakes and Awana Kijal Awana and 90 at PDGCC.

Just skipped two (2) competitions at Impian Golf Kajang, one is G2G Kakigolf of Saturday and the other one STAROBA Golf competition on Sunday. I just don't like afternoon golf, it finished well into 9-10 pm after dinner and prize giving.

Next two weeks will be school holidays, wedding invitations and social events  and these will keep me away from golf courses. Huh..I guess have to settle watching Golf Channel 815 I guess...happy golfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment